CanosimibeAlternative Names: AVE-5530
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol absorption inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jul 2008 Phase-III clinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (PO)
- 13 Feb 2007 Phase-II clinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in Chile (PO)
- 13 Feb 2007 Phase-II clinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in Europe (PO)