Research programme: viral entry inhibitors - SamaritanAlternative Names: SP 10; SP 10T1; SP-03; SP-30
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Georgetown University
- Class Benzamides; Quinuclidines
- Mechanism of Action Virus internalisation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hepatitis C; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-infections in USA (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Hepatitis-C in USA (PO)
- 06 Aug 2007 Preclinical data added to the viral infections antimicrobial and pharmacodynamics sections