AX 208Alternative Names: AX208
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator SYGNIS Bioscience GmbH
- Class Amino acids; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Glaucoma; Huntington's disease; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 30 Apr 2007 Preclinical trials in Glaucoma in Germany (unspecified route)
- 30 Apr 2007 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in Germany (unspecified route)
- 30 Apr 2007 Preclinical trials in Huntington's disease in Germany (unspecified route)