Research programme: beta-amyloid ligands - AffibodyAlternative Names: Affibody® molecules; Aβ ligands - Affibody; Beta-amyloid ligands - Affibody
Latest Information Update: 31 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Affibody
- Class Recombinant fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 27 Mar 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 19 May 2005 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Sweden (unspecified route)