Research programme: apoptosis stimulants - NovartisAlternative Names: LBW242
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Oligopeptides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2012 No development reported - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Nov 2009 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data presented at the 21st AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics (AACR-NCI-EORTC-2009)
- 27 Nov 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA