Sodium glucose co-transporter type 2 inhibitor - follow-on - Bristol-Myers SquibbAlternative Names: SGLT2 inhibitor - follow-on- Bristol-Myers Squibb
Latest Information Update: 21 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Mechanism of Action Sodium-glucose transporter 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Nov 2006 No development reported - Phase-I/II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 May 2005 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)