Research programme: diabetes/obesity therapy - Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma/ZoegeneAlternative Names: Diabetes/obesity therapy research programme - Dainippon/Zoegene
Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma; Zoegene Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 08 Feb 2008 Discontinued for Obesity in Japan (unspecified route)
- 08 Feb 2008 Discontinued for Diabetes mellitus in Japan (unspecified route)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma