Crotaline snake antivenomAlternative Names: Anavip; Crotaline snake antivenin - Rare Disease Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 01 Jun 2010
At a glance
- Originator Instituto Bioclon; Rare Disease Therapeutics
- Developer Rare Disease Therapeutics
- Class Antivenins; Fab fragments
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Snake venom poisoning
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Snake venom poisoning in USA (Injection)
- 20 Jan 2004 Crotaline snake antivenom [Anavip™] has received Orphan Drug Status for Snake venom poisoning in USA.