Research programme: RNAi-based influenza therapeutics - Alnylam/Arrowhead PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: ALN-FLU01; Pandemic influenza therapy - Alnylam/Arrowhead; Short-interfering RNA-based influenza therapies - Alnylam/Arrowhead
Latest Information Update: 13 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator Alnylam Pharmaceuticals; Novartis; University of Georgia
- Developer Alnylam Pharmaceuticals; Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action RNA interference; Virus replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Influenza A virus H5N1 subtype; Influenza virus infections