Asparaginase Wolinella succinogenes-derived - Rare Disease TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Wolinella succinogenes-derived asparaginase; rWS
Latest Information Update: 01 Jun 2010
At a glance
- Originator Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
- Class Amidohydrolases; Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Asparagine modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 29 Aug 2005 correspondence from RDT 26 Aug 2005. Rewrote intro slightly
- 21 Jun 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in USA (unspecified route)