Research programme: erythropoietin gene therapy - ARIADAlternative Names: AAV-mediated erythropoietin gene therapy - Ariad; Adeno-associated viral vector-mediated erythropoietin gene therapy - Ariad
Latest Information Update: 08 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator ARIAD Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antianaemics; Gene therapies; Recombinant erythropoietins
- Mechanism of Action Erythropoiesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Retinitis pigmentosa
Most Recent Events
- 08 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Retinal disorders in Italy (unspecified route)
- 08 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Retinal disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jun 2005 Preclinical trials in Retinal disorders in Italy (unspecified route)