Research programme: Huntington's disease gene therapy - NeurologixAlternative Names: AAV-dXIAP
Latest Information Update: 10 Jun 2014
At a glance
- Originator Neurologix
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Caspase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Huntington's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Mar 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Huntington's disease in USA (Intracerebral)
- 02 Jun 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 27 May 2011 Aegera Therapeutics has been acquired by Pharmascience