Research programme: antibacterial therapeutics - EvocutisAlternative Names: SYN 0017; SYN 0096; SYN 0854; SYN 101; SYN 102; SYN 1093; SYN 1163
Latest Information Update: 18 Nov 2011
At a glance
- Originator Syntopix
- Developer Evocutis
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes - Acne; Staphylococcal infections
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Acne; Mouth disorders; Staphylococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Oct 2011 Syntopix is now called Evocutis
- 23 Feb 2011 At least two compounds (SYN0126 and SYN1113) that will have come from this trial have been found to be being developed for cosmetics and soaps - not pharmaceuticals. This casts doubt on the RP - but until it is clear nothing can be done.
- 22 Feb 2011 Preclinical development for Acne, Staphylococcal infections and Mouth Disorders is ongoing in United Kingdom