Research programme: sodium glucose co-transporter inhibitors - TaishoAlternative Names: SGLT inhibitors - Taisho
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Originator Taisho Pharmaceutical
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium-glucose transport protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jul 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 01 Nov 2005 Data presented at the 41st Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD-2005) has been added to the Diabetes pharmacodynamics section
- 06 Jul 2005 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (unspecified route)