Research programme: targeted therapeutics - TiGenixAlternative Names: Cyclodextrin polysulfate - TiGenix NV; Cyclodextrin polysulphate - TiGenix NV
Latest Information Update: 31 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator TiGenix
- Class Carbohydrates; Cyclodextrins; Peptides; Sulfates
- Mechanism of Action Cartilage replacements; Interleukin 1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cartilage disorders; Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Aug 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Osteoarthritis in Belgium (unspecified route)
- 31 Aug 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cartilage disorders in Belgium (unspecified route)
- 11 Jul 2007 This programme is still in active development