Research programme: obesity therapy - NOXXON PharmaAlternative Names: NOX-B11
Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator NOXXON Pharma AG
- Class Nucleotide aptamers
- Mechanism of Action Ghrelin antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 14 Aug 2009 Preclinical development is ongoing in Germany
- 24 Mar 2006 NOXXON Pharma and Pfizer have entered into an exclusive worldwide agreement to develop NOX-B11 for obesity
- 12 Jul 2005 Preclinical trials in Obesity in Germany (unspecified route)