Research programme: diabetes therapy - NOXXON Pharma AGAlternative Names: NOX-4277; NOX-A42
Latest Information Update: 09 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator NOXXON Pharma AG
- Class Nucleotide aptamers
- Mechanism of Action Islet amyloid polypeptide inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2008 This programme is available for licensing (http://www.noxxon.net)
- 12 Jul 2005 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Germany (unspecified route)