At a glance
- Originator Aphios Corporation
- Class Antineoplastics; Diterpenes; Paclitaxels; Small molecules; Taxanes
- Mechanism of Action Tubulin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jun 2009 Paclitaxel prodrug is still in active development
- 22 Jul 2005 Preclinical trials in Cancer in Japan (PO)
- 22 Jul 2005 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (PO)