RC 8800Alternative Names: RC-8800
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2009
At a glance
- Originator Sapphire Therapeutics
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; Calcitriol receptor agonists; CYP24 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 14 Oct 2005 Rejuvenon is now called Sapphire Therapeutics
- 20 Jul 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Prostate cancer in USA (unspecified route)