Research programme: Parkinson's disease therapeutics - Proximagen/Upsher-SmithAlternative Names: PRX-1; PRX-1235; PRX-2; PRX-5
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2012
At a glance
- Originator Proximagen Neuroscience
- Developer Boehringer Ingelheim; Proximagen; Upsher-Smith
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neuropathic pain; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 14 Aug 2012 Proximagen has been acquired by Upsher-Smith
- 27 Jul 2005 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in United Kingdom (PO)