Research programme: late sodium current blockers - Gilead SciencesAlternative Names: Late INA
Latest Information Update: 27 Mar 2013
At a glance
- Originator CV Therapeutics
- Class Dihydropyridines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cardiovascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2012 Gilead advances its late sodium channel inhibitor, designated GS 6615, into clinical development for Ischaemic heart disease and Arrhythmias
- 17 Apr 2009 CV Therapeutics has been acquired and merged into Gilead Sciences
- 26 Mar 2009 Pharmacodynamics data from an in vitro trial presented at the 237th American Chemical Society National Meeting (237th-ACS-2009) ,