LyothyronineAlternative Names: NRP 409; Triiodothyronine
Latest Information Update: 02 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator New River Pharmaceuticals
- Class Amino acids; Small molecules; Thyronines
- Mechanism of Action Thyroid hormone receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypothyroidism
Most Recent Events
- 02 May 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hypothyroidism in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 Jul 2006 New River Pharmaceuticals has filed an IND with the US FDA for primary hypothyroidism
- 11 Aug 2005 Preclinical trials in Hypothyroidism in USA (unspecified route)