Research programme: spinal muscular atrophy therapeutics - Summit
Latest Information Update: 10 Feb 2009
At a glance
- Originator VASTox
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Survival of motor neuron 1 protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Spinal muscular atrophy
Most Recent Events
- 10 Feb 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Spinal muscular atrophy in United Kingdom (PO)
- 20 Jul 2007 VASTox is now called Summit
- 21 Jul 2005 Preclinical trials in Spinal muscular atrophy in United Kingdom (PO)