Research programme: chemoprotection - Sound PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Allopurinol/ebselen; Chemoprevention research programme - Sound Pharmaceuticals; Chemoprotection research programme - Sound Pharmaceuticals; Ebselen/allopurinol; Research programme: chemoprevention - Sound Pharmaceuticals; SPI-3005/6
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2010
At a glance
- Originator Sound Pharmaceuticals
- Class Chemopreventatives; Chemoprotectants; Purines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glutathione peroxidase stimulants; Xanthine oxidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Sensorineural hearing loss
Most Recent Events
- 30 Nov 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Sensorineural hearing loss(chemotherapy-induced, prevention) in USA (PO)
- 24 Feb 2004 Preclinical trials in Sensorineural hearing loss(chemotherapy-induced, prevention) in USA (PO)