Research programme: regenerative hearing therapeutics - Sound PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: SPI 128; SPI 5505; SPI-5557
Latest Information Update: 18 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Sound Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Sensorineural hearing loss
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jul 2016 Preclinical development is ongoing (Sound Pharmaceuticals pipeline, July 2016)
- 18 Jul 2016 Sound Pharmaceuticals announces intention to submit an IND in Sensorineural hearing loss in the fourth quarter of 2017 (Sound Pharmaceuticals pipeline, July 2016)
- 30 Nov 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA