Research programme: glucagon-like peptide-1 analogues oral - UnigeneAlternative Names: GLP-1 analogues oral
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Unigene Laboratories
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon-like peptide 1 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 04 Apr 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 09 Sep 2005 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 09 Sep 2005 The programme is available for licensing worldwide (http://www.unigene.com)