QAE 397Alternative Names: QAE397
Latest Information Update: 12 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antirheumatics; Corticosteroids
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jun 2011 Discontinued - Phase-II for Asthma in Italy (Inhalation)
- 28 Jul 2010 No development reported - Phase-II for Asthma in Italy (Inhalation)
- 19 Jan 2006 Discontinued - Phase-I for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (unspecified route)