GSK 706769Alternative Names: CCR5 inhibitor (GSK706769) - GSK; GSK706769
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiretrovirals
- Mechanism of Action CCR5 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in HIV-1-infections(In volunteers) in USA (PO, Tablet)
- 31 May 2008 GlaxoSmithKline initiates a second phase I trial of GSK 706769 in healthy volunteers in USA
- 20 Sep 2005 Preclinical trials in HIV-1 infections in USA (unspecified route)