Research programme: cathepsin S inhibitors - Bayer Schering Pharma
Latest Information Update: 24 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Celera Genomics Group
- Developer Bayer Schering Pharma
- Mechanism of Action Cathepsin S inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Autoimmune disorders
Most Recent Events
- 29 Dec 2006 Schering AG is now called Bayer Schering Pharma AG
- 27 Jun 2006 Schering has acquired the cathepsin S inhibitors research programme from Celera Genomics
- 21 Sep 2005 Preclinical trials in Autoimmune disorders in USA (unspecified route)