Research programme: leucocyte elastase inhibitors - Dainippon Sumitomo PharmaAlternative Names: BL-3879; BL-5160; HNE inhibitors research programme - Dainippon Pharmaceutical; Human neutrophil elastase inhibitors research programme - Dainippon Pharmaceutical; Leucocyte elastase inhibitors research programme - Dainippon Pharmaceutical; Research programme: HNE inhibitors - Dainippon Pharmaceutical; Research programme: human neutrophil elastase inhibitors - Dainippon Pharmaceutical
Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Mechanism of Action Leucocyte elastase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 08 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Japan (PO)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 23 Sep 2005 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Japan (PO)