Research programme: small molecule therapeutics - Avalon/Novartis
Latest Information Update: 19 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Avalon Pharmaceuticals; Novartis
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Unspecified
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jul 2010 Discontinued for Undefined indication in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Aug 2009 Development is ongoing in USA
- 29 May 2009 Avalon Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into Clinical Data