Research programme: mitochondrial Complex I disease therapies - Edison PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: EPI B0001; EPI C0001; EPI-761
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2008
At a glance
- Originator Edison Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Electron transport complex I modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Friedreich's ataxia; MELAS syndrome; Optic atrophy
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jul 2008 A lead compound from this programme, has entered clinical development
- 05 Oct 2006 Preclinical trials in Optic atrophy in Brazil (unspecified route)
- 28 Oct 2005 Preclinical trials in MELAS syndrome in USA (unspecified route)