Research programme: transported prodrugs - XenoPortAlternative Names: Acamprosate prodrug; Propofol prodrug - XenoPort; XP 20925
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator XenoPort
- Class Alkanesulfonic-acids; Phenols; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GABA A receptor agonists; GABA receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Parkinson's disease
- Suspended Fragile X syndrome
- Discontinued Migraine; Nausea and vomiting