Research programme: antioxidant inflammation modulators - Reata Pharmaceuticals/AbbVieAlternative Names: AIMs - Reata/Abbott; CDDO-Im; RTA 403; RTA 404; RTA dh404; RTA-411; Synthetic triterpenoids - Reata/Abbott; TBEs - Reata/Abbott; Tricyclic bis-enones - Reata/Abbott
Latest Information Update: 01 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Originator Dartmouth College; University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Developer AbbVie; Reata Pharmaceuticals
- Class 3-ring heterocyclic compounds; Ketones; Triterpenes
- Mechanism of Action NF E2 related factor 2 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Autoimmune disorders; Cancer; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; Neurological disorders