Research programme: apoptosis stimulants - AscentaAlternative Names: SH-122; SM-122; SM-164; Smac-mediated cancer therapy - Ascenta
Latest Information Update: 14 Sep 2009
At a glance
- Originator Ascenta Therapeutics
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 14 Sep 2009 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 26 Mar 2009 Pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics data from preclinical trials in Cancer presented at the 237th American Chemical Society National Meeting (ACS-2009)
- 24 Oct 2008 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data presented at the 20th EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics (EORTC-NCI-AACR-2008)