GSK 256073Alternative Names: 256073; GSK-256073
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action G protein-coupled receptor agonists; GPR109A receptor agonists; Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Dyslipidaemias; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 30 Sep 2011 Phase-II clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus (adjunctive treatment) in United Kingdom, France and Spain (PO)
- 30 Sep 2011 Phase-II clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 06 May 2010 GSK completes a phase II trial in Dyslipidaemia in the US (NCT00903617)