Research programme: HCV replication inhibitors - ChugaiAlternative Names: CH 8755; NA 255; Orally available serine palmitoyltransferase inhibitors - Chugai
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2012
At a glance
- Originator Chugai Pharmaceutical
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 23 Aug 2012 Preclinical development is ongoing in Japan
- 03 Apr 2009 Preclinical development is ongoing in Japan
- 09 Dec 2005 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis C in Japan (unspecified route)