Research programme: angiogenesis inhibitors - Bausch & Lomb/PTC TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Research programme: eye disorders therapy - Bausch & Lomb/PTC Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 27 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator PTC Therapeutics
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 27 Oct 2007 Bausch and Lomb has been acquired by Warburg Pincus
- 12 Dec 2005 Preclinical trials in Macular degeneration in USA (unspecified route)