Research programme: sickle cell anaemia therapy - Virginia Commonwealth University/XechemAlternative Names: 5-HMF
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Virginia Commonwealth University
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Sickle cell anaemia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Sickle-cell-anaemia in USA (PO)
- 08 Jun 2006 5-HMF has received orphan drug status for sickle cell disease in the US
- 13 Dec 2005 Preclinical trials in Sickle cell anaemia in USA (unspecified route)