Laropiprant/niacin/simvastatinAlternative Names: MK-0524B; MK-524B
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Indoles; Naphthalenes; Nicotinic-acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GPR109A receptor agonists; GPR109B receptor agonists; HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; Prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 01 Nov 2012 Discontinued - Phase-III for Hyperlipidaemia in Asia (PO)
- 01 Nov 2012 Discontinued - Phase-III for Hyperlipidaemia in Australia (PO)
- 01 Nov 2012 Discontinued - Phase-III for Hyperlipidaemia in Europe (PO)