Research programme: small molecule ophthalmic therapies - Alcon/Kalypsys
Latest Information Update: 22 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Originator Kalypsys
- Developer Alcon; Kalypsys
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Eye disorders
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2010 Alcon has been acquired by Novartis
- 06 Jan 2006 Preclinical trials in Eye disorders in USA (unspecified route)