Research programme: oxazolidinones - AstraZenecaAlternative Names: Compound 26 (prodrug) - AstraZeneca; Isoxazolino-oxazolidinones - AstraZeneca; Oxazolidinone prodrugs - AstraZeneca
Latest Information Update: 28 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Oxazolidinones
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 Sep 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 09 Feb 2006 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 09 Feb 2006 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in United Kingdom (unspecified route)