APD 668Alternative Names: APD668
Latest Information Update: 09 Nov 2010
At a glance
- Originator Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action G protein-coupled receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 07 Sep 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 07 Jan 2008 Suspended - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 28 Sep 2006 Data presented at the 232nd American Chemical Society National Meeting (232nd-ACS-2006) have been added to the Diabetes pharmacodynamics section