Research programme: HIV replication inhibitors - PfizerAlternative Names: PF 821386; PF-821385; UK-201844
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Piperazines; Pyridines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HIV replication inhibitors; Viral envelope protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-infections in USA
- 17 Apr 2008 Antimicrobial and pharmacokinetics data from a preclinical trial in HIV infections presented at the 21st International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR-2008)
- 23 Feb 2006 Preclinical trials in HIV infections in USA (unspecified route)