Research programme: therapeutic antibodies - Medarex/Organon
Latest Information Update: 25 Jan 2010
At a glance
- Originator Medarex; Organon
- Developer Medarex; Schering-Plough
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Autoimmune disorders; Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 02 Sep 2009 Medarex has been acquired by Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 19 Nov 2007 Organon has been acquired and merged into Schering-Plough
- 21 May 2007 Organon and Medarex have amended their agreement to develop therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune disorders