Research programme: antibacterials - AvidBioticsAlternative Names: Acinetobacter infection therapy - AvidBiotics; Clostridium difficile infection therapy - AvidBiotics; Escherichia coli infection therapy - AvidBiotics; Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection therapy - AvidBiotics; Yersinia pestis therapy - AvidBiotics; Avidocin therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2014
At a glance
- Originator AvidBiotics Corp.
- Class Bacteriocins; Proteins
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Acinetobacter infections; Clostridium infections; Escherichia coli infections; Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli infections; Yersinia infections
- No development reported Gram-negative infections; Pseudomonal infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Oct 2012 No development reported - Preclinical for Gram-negative infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Oct 2012 No development reported - Preclinical for Pseudomonal infections in USA (Topical)
- 05 Oct 2012 Preclinical trials in Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli infections in USA (unspecified route)