Research programme: atherosclerosis and hypertension therapies - Transition TherapeuticsAlternative Names: CETP inhibitors - Transition Therapeutics; Cholesterol ester transfer protein inhibitors - Transition Therapeutics; Cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitors - Transition Therapeutics; Renin inhibitors - Transition Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 08 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Transition Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol ester transfer protein inhibitors; Renin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 08 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hypertension in Canada (unspecified route)
- 08 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Atherosclerosis in Canada (unspecified route)
- 05 Jun 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing