Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapies - Transition TherapeuticsAlternative Names: AZD-102; Cyclohexanehexol isomers - Transition Therapeutics; Inositol isomers - Transition Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator Transition Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors; Amyloid precursor protein secretase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2006 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Canada (PO)
- 15 Mar 2006 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Canada (unspecified route)