Research programme: eye disorder therapies - Mimetogen Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 24 Nov 2010
At a glance
- Originator Mimetogen Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Mucin stimulants; Nerve growth factor receptor modulators; Receptor protein tyrosine kinase agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Dry eyes; Glaucoma
- Research Keratoconus; Retinitis pigmentosa
Most Recent Events
- 21 Mar 2006 Preclinical trials in Glaucoma in Canada (ophthalmic)
- 21 Mar 2006 The programme is available for licensing worldwide (http://www.mimetogen.com)