Research programme: neurodegenerative disorders therapeutics - CombinatoRx
Latest Information Update: 22 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator CHDI; Zalicus
- Developer CHDI; CombinatoRx; Zalicus
- Mechanism of Action Survival of motor neuron 1 protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Huntington's disease; Spinal muscular atrophy
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Spinal muscular atrophy in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 May 2007 Lead identification is ongoing
- 31 Aug 2005 Preclinical trials in Spinal muscular atrophy in USA (unspecified route)